Molecular imaging using PET technology is one of the fastest growing areas of imaging for both research and clinical applications. As the demand grows for more advanced radiopharmaceutical development programs, the leading facilities turn to Siemens for answers. With Siemens Eclipse™ cyclotrons and Explora® chemistry modules, we raise the bar in radioisotope delivery systems, providing high yields and unparalleled reliability.
Fluorodeoxyglucose (18F) commonly abbreviated 18F-FDG or FDG, is a radiopharmaceutical used in the medical imaging modality PET scanner. Along with FDG we also manufacture F-DOPA and F Choline. F-DOPA allows sharper and confident brain tumor imaging. We are the ONLY manufacturing facility manufacturing F-Choline, for PET scanning of prostate cancer.
OUR QUALITY considerations are as follows:
- Automation from filling to final packing.
- Being fully automated, radiation exposure to the manufacturing operator is negligible.
- A very accurate filling of the order ± 20 µL is achieved by the combined measurements of activity and weight
- India’s first and only system where the cartridge remains shielded at all times with a 3 mm tungsten shield. Our shielded cartridge minimizes the radiation exposure to the technician.
- 45% lighter packaging for easy handling.